Category : Club News
We have confirmation that fishing will be allowed from Wednesday.
Shepherds Way will open on Wednesday 13th May and will be open daily from 0600hrs – 2100hrs. Night fishing will not be allowed until further notice. We are expecting more members than usual wanting to fish Shepherds Way, so there is a significant chance the fishery will be full in the coming days. A bailiff will visit the venue each day. His job is to check membership tickets, record names and membership numbers and ensure regulations are being observed. We ask that you show him respect please.
All members must observe the following:
- Fishing will be on a first come basis. If the carpark and/or fishery is full when you arrive you must leave. If you fish one day you will not be allowed to fish the next day. Alternate days must be observed to give all members an opportunity. Bailiffs will enforce this.
- You must not “save” a swim for an angler that has not arrived.
- Vehicles must be parked as close together as possible allowing for the maximum number in the carpark. You must not block other vehicles in.
- You must be in possession of a valid membership pass. Current 19/20 passes expire 15th June 2020. You will be asked to produce this by the bailiff. Failure to show a pass/ticket when requested may mean you are asked to leave.
- The COVID 19 Rules must be observed. Please read before you visit.
- The venue will be very busy, so we ask you to be polite & courteous to fellow members. There must be no unacceptable behaviour.
If all members observe the rules, we are hopeful you will enjoy the return to angling.
Tight lines and thank you for your co-operation.
- Please ensure you maintain a distance of 2m from other anglers at all times.
- Only 1 angler per swim.
- Please use gloves when unlocking and locking the gate and using the toilet.
- Ensure you wash your hands thoroughly after using the toilet facilities. Anglers to supply their own towels to dry hands.
- If you believe you may have Coronavirus symptoms you must not visit the fishery.
- If you contract Covid 19 within 14 days of visiting Shepherds Way you must inform the club Secretary.
Fishing is at your own risk. BADAC does not accept responsibility for virus transmission.